Apparently when I said "back to normal," I really meant back to normal life and not blogging. It's been so nice to be back in a rhythm (hello, clean house. i missed you.) and feel like life is flowing well.
Anyway, around here Super Saturdays seem to have disappeared (is this true everywhere?), but thankfully for my wannabe crafting self, our ward had a Super Wednesday to try to balance it out. It was so fun! For $1 and a night of fun crafting I got 8 hairpins/broaches and a cute little advent calendar that will be easy for the boys to play with and cheap enough that I won't freak out when they destroy it in a few years. :)
Super Wednesday aside, I've been working on a lot of other projects. None of them are done yet, but I'm having a great time sewing and creating. Hopefully I'll get back to blogging again soon, if I can tear myself away from all the other craziness in our lives!
3 comments:
I just got released from that calling (the rs activity one) and the new handbook that was released a year or so ago specifically forbids activities that require people to ask for money or supplies for things. All the supplies are supposed to come out of the RS budget, which makes it all but impossible to do a crafting activity unless you have an amazingly large budget. We've had a big to do about it in our ward. I don't understand the policy, but I guess it's like that for a reason?
We had a "Super Saturday" in our ward last year (it was also super lame) but none this year. The girl who is in charge of planning those activities has two other callings and a full-time job. Why do they do that to people?
I always thought Super Saturdays were part of the youth program? Maybe that is why I haven't missed them. :) Cute crafts! What are the numbers for your advent calendar made of? Printed paper? Stickers?
Post a Comment