April 12, 2011

Would You Want This?

Not "do you want this?" but would you want it if you were pregnant with your first baby and it was a girl? Or would you rather have something practical or off your registry?



I made this quilt for a baby shower I went to on Saturday. When I thought of the idea to make a baby quilt I was so excited but then as the time got closer I got nervous... Do people like gifts like this? Or would they rather have something they really need (especially since this was for a first baby)? Or if I am going to give a quilt, should I only do it if I know their colors or what they really want? I mean, I think I know this girl well enough to know that these fabrics were her style (or at least that she wouldn't hate them), but that doesn't mean it's what she wants for her baby. I'm might be paranoid, but I would love to hear any opinions! I don't want to give gifts that people don't want!

P.S. If it helps you have a more informed opinion, this baby quilt measures about 28" square. It was also the first time I attempted machine quilting and binding , the first time that I didn't add any sashing and didn't use any white so this poor girl was kind of my guinea pig. Yikes! I'd still love to know what you think!

9 comments:

Spencer Family said...

Love the choice of fabrics! I think it is a great gift!

Heidi McLeod said...

ARE YOU KIDDING???? I LOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!! My favorite gift I got when Greyson was born was a homemade quilt similar to this (boy colors though)!

Heidi McLeod said...

Plus it is great for photo shoots!!!

AubreyB said...

I think it's super cute! I love getting handmade things as gifts since I know the effort that goes into making them. :)

Brittany said...

If someone made me something like that it would mean so much more to me than any other store bought gift--guaranteed!

Anonymous said...

I'd take it and anyone would be cracked not to love it!! Besides that, most people can buy what they really need, but don't bother to spend money on something unnecessary or for something they just love. Mom

Smashie Smasherton said...

This is GORGEOUS! Not having had a kid myself, I'm not sure how I'd feel about people veering away from the registry. However, I get really excited about custom and hand-made things, so I think I'd be okay with the variance. And this is so pretty, that how could I not LOVE it???

Heidi Miller said...

I would like it too and even for practical reasons. Those kinds of blankets are awesome for laying the baby down on the ground for back or tummy time. Super cute!

Melanie said...

Blankets are super practical and that one in particular is GORGEOUS. Wow!