Yes, I finished them. Before Christmas even (about a week ago, actually, but I didn't get around to taking a picture until today--and the picture is awful!). To get done in time, I did scale back my grand plans of embroidering everyone's name on the cuff of his/her stocking, but I'm okay with that. I stitched a border around each cuff as well as around the "patches" on B and Squish's stockings, and adding that to getting done in time to not have to stress about them on Christmas Eve, and I am going to count this as a victory.
Like all of my projects, there are things about each one of them that bug me. I can't help being a perfectionist. However, I'm not going to write any of those things in this post except to say that mine (the wonky striped one second from the left) ended up being my least favorite even though it was the one I was most excited to make. I just think it's too busy to appreciate the fact that it's a stocking, which only reaffirms my notion that I should take a step back and simplify my sewing. Design/execution flaws notwithstanding, I'm so excited to finally have stockings after 7 Christmases without! Hurray for Christmas!
P.S. Pattern found here. Yes, I modified it and no, I'm not going to post a tutorial. I'm lazy, I don't have any extra time right now (holiday madness and more!) and besides, I'm pretty sure nobody needs it before Christmas anyway.
2 comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE those stockings!!! They look like they are from anthropologie! Seriously, you are so talented. I like the one that was your least fave FYI :)
Okay, Christina!!! I'm totally loving these stockings. So cute and unique. We've been using stockings from the dollar store that I cross-stitched names on (SO GHETTO!), so I definitely need to update ours.
I looked at the pattern and it says felt. And your stockings totally don't look like felt. Or am I wrong?! Was it hard to use fabric with this pattern you used? Any tips/pointers would be appreciated. I have 11+ months to work on these!! :) :)
Post a Comment