July 18, 2011

Our New Favorite State

On our long, long drive back from Utah, we decided to take a slight detour and see Mt. Rushmore. We enjoyed it, but what we really liked was the state of South Dakota! Who knew it was so beautiful?! If it weren't for the fact that it's missing all three of our "important" criteria for where we permanently settle someday (airport, temple and family) we'd be seriously tempted to move there! We've decided it's our new favorite state and we want to go back for a week of camping and fun someday.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I recently read an article (in one of those Delta Sky Magazines) about South Dakota being one of the safest, most family friendly places to live. It got me thinking about it because I never would have considered it before.

I'm also glad you posted pics of Mt. Rushmore because I never knew there was a pathway leading up to it like that!

Candice said...

oh, your pictures turned a lot better than ours. The day we went it was pouring rain. :) Looks like you guys had a great time!

Crolace said...

Airport, temple, and family are my three criteria too! Did I get that from you? Did you get that from me? Do great minds just think alike?