May 4, 2011

Flashback: 2006

As part of my weekly project series, I've been going through and rearchiving my old digital pictures. Yesterday I worked on 2006. I had two thoughts: 1) I now have a much better camera and 2) "wow, remember that?" There was so much I had forgotten! That was the year we went to St. Louis to see Todd and Brooke, had the family taco eating contest (anyone else still grossed out by that?!), did a lot of work repainting and fixing up the house that we no longer own, had a family reunion for Christmas, celebrated our first wedding anniversary and so much more. I didn't have a blog back then so most of those things were never documented, but I wanted to post some pictures from our biggest adventure that year: our trip to China.

B went to Beijing for work (he was in pallets back then; from pallets to landscaping... man, we have had some glamorous jobs!) and we decided that I was going to tag along. We only had enough time to see a few big things, but we thoroughly enjoyed them.

Forbidden City. Awesome.

Tienanmen Square. Equally awesome, but in a different way.

We walked around the hutong district (old town). It was fun to see a different side of Beijing.

The Great Wall was on my Top 5 bucket list. It did not disappoint.

And our favorite part of the trip: the Summer Palace.

Looking at all these pictures is enough to make me want to go back!

No comments: